On-Line Support Groups for Depression
Self-help therapy has some advantages over professional face-to-face counseling. It’s convenient, cheap and you can do it in your own time and when it suits you. Self-help therapy is generally only suitable for people with mild to moderate mental health issues. Selfbetter provides free information for those suffering with mental health issues. Experts in the field of depression, anger management, anxiety disorders, stress and other mental health fields have contributed their expertise to bring this comprehensive resource together. We are dedicated to providing quality information.
Many people find peer support a helpful tool that can aid in their recovery. There are a variety of organizations that offer support groups for consumers, their family members and friends. Some support groups are peer-led, while others may be led by a mental health professional.
Some organizations now offer on-line support groups, discussion boards, and blogs as additional ways to connect with others in similar situations. These can be helpful additions to in-person support groups and can be especially helpful if there are no groups in your area. If you're looking for someone who can offer you some personal direction and stress treatment or depression treatment, you've come to the right place. Our Professional Advice therapists offer personal online consultations for needs such as social anxiety disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, stress help-even major depression.
Signs of Anxiety include a depressed mood most of the day, nearly every day, for at least two weeks. People who are having a major depressive episode might have little interest in activities that used to give them pleasure, weight loss or gain, oversleeping or under sleeping, and a sense of fatigue and loss of energy. They might also have slowed activity levels, trouble concentrating, and recurring thoughts of death. Selfbetter.com can help diminish feelings of depression.
There are many of us who could use help treating anxiety and depression, but would prefer the format selfbetter.com can provide, rather than a traditional face to face meeting every time.
Signs and symptoms of clinical depression are more severe than those of subclinical depression, they cause significant functional impairment, and they may include one or more of the following:
· Feeling helpless or hopeless about relationships
· Feeling helpless or hopeless about the world
· Feeling helpless or hopeless about self
· Suicidal fantasies, thoughts, or impulses
· History of self-harm or suicidal actions
· Certainty that the glass is at least half-empty
· Thinking in strongly negative terms
· Feeling despair, desperate, or desperately lonely
· Feeling emotionless, "flat", "numb", "nothing", or "dead"
· Significant problems arising from reduced focus or concentration
· Significant problems arising from reduced motivation
· Little or no enjoyment of pleasurable activities
· Otherwise unexplained changes in appetite or weight
· Otherwise unexplained changes in sleep patterns
· Slowed speech, movement, or reaction times
Learning about your depression treatment options will help you decide what approach is right for you. From therapy to medication to healthy lifestyle changes, there are many effective treatments that can help you overcome depression and reclaim your life. For more information visit the site http://selfbetter.com/ .